Wednesday 5 September 2012

The Night Circus

I very recently read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It was a fantastic read that I thoroughly recommend. It's so rich in fantastically imaginative imagery which I found very inspiring. This novel really demonstrates how a novel can depict intricate and expansive landscapes, which is one of my favourite aspects to a novel.

When sat in work, attempting to divert my mind from work based things, I couldn't help but draw a circus tent as I daydeamed about running away to the night circus and becoming a trapeze artist (not that this is physically or mentally possible), then I had to add a carousel... and a slide... and the pencil drawing is what I ended up with numerous meeting minutes later.




I then coloured it black and white as per the circus colour scheme, I love the strength of the black and white, I may make this into an embroidery in the future, perhaps on black fabric in white? Let me know what you think. Also,what doodles have you drawn that looking back, you're actually quite proud of?

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...