Seriously though, it was amazing to take some time out and have naps, and be in the sun. It's amazing how much sleep I want right now, but obviously that's not really a viable option when you're at work... unless I just crawl under the desk for half an hour. Not sure how well that would go down, I mean they're pretty understanding but even that pushes a boundary right?
I want to do a me made may catch up from the holiday, But I've got masses of sewing to catch you up on too so first I've got makes to show you. The top I'm going to talk about was made a couple of months ago now, from the same material as the dress that I made for the Peacock outfit from GBSB. Did I mention I got these back by the way?
And my dress from the first episode fits!! It's a little long, but the bodice probably fits better than the Annas I've made for myself. The vintage blouse fits too, so exciting. I'm afraid the kilt doesn't quite fit Terence, the waist on my model was teeny tiny!
Ok so, distractions over... here's the top!
This is another Washi adaptation, as you can probably tell. I cut it off at the tunic length but found it was a little long, so shortened it by another inch or so.
I added the button placket to the bodice, this was a very simple adaptation. I traced the bodice front, adding seam allowance, and two widths of placket to the centre front seam. I interfaced this central placket, and added buttons and buttonholes. I stitched the placket closed at the bottom, and added the... skirt(?) as usual. What do you call it when it isn't a skirt?
This is what the bump looked like a couple of weeks ago, Spud's a little bigger now. I went to another appointment today, all is well in Spudsville. Except she/he keeps sneaking up by my ribs which is pretty uncomfortable, but well worth it for the dancing in my belly.
I left out the shirring elastic, and added ties instead, I was hoping for more of a loose, comfortable fit and I definitely got what I was looking for. This is a comfy top, with plenty of room for bump in a lovely crisp cotton. I bound the neckline for an easy finish, and did my usual binding of the hem.
In conclusion, I love this top! In fact I need to make another one. I've still got so much stash to get through and I think this would make a perfect use for some of my floatier fabrics. I'm trying to make sure I have some very breathable things for Summer. I have a feeling I'm going to get waaarm.